Sunday, March 9, 2014

Glossy Box January 2014



Cost: $21 monthly (includes shipping)

How it Works: Glossy Box sends 5-6 products each month. There is a Beauty Profile that you can fill out, but as far as I have seen this profile has nothing to do with the contents of your box. Everyone tends to get the same thing. 

Shipping Schedule: Generally begins shipping around the middle of the month.

Rewards System: Subscribers can earn "Glossydots" by signing up and reviewing the box items each month. Glossydots can only be used towards ordering a free box.

Refunds: My personal experience with their CS is pretty poor, and I have read rather mixed reviews from others. For the most part I believe they will try to replace/refund any items that might be damaged.

Cancellation: Just cancel on the website before the charge for the next month is placed.


My Experience
I hadn't been very interested in Glossybox due to their contents not seeming like a good match for me. They mostly send skin and haircare products, and not very much makeup. Since my skin can be finicky and my hair is the least of my beauty concerns, I had held off on trying it. 

Each month they release two spoilers for that months box, and the first one for January was a Beauty Blender which I had been wanting to try. Since Beauty Blenders are around $20 and this box was $21 for the Beauty Blender plus extras, I figured it was a good time to try one of their boxes.

There were a ton of problems with this company in January. The boxes were excessively late (I didn't receive mine until January 29th). There was an utter lack of communication from their CS regarding the tardiness, and then the excuses they used seemed inaccurate at best and deceiving at worst. Overall, it was a pretty bad experience and I cancelled as soon as I received this box. 


The Original BeautyBlender + Solid Cleanser ($19.95 and $5.00?)
The whole reason I ordered this box to begin with! This is the white BB instead of the pink one we are all accustomed to seeing, and it was much smaller than I was expecting. Once you dunk it in some water though it expands to it's true size. The cleanser has been getting more use then the BB since I can use it as a brush cleanser as well! 



Toni and Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray ($5.50)
I haven't ever tried a sea salt spray before, and this is a very decent sized sample. My hair is naturally wavy, and I don't tend to wear "messy" hairstyles so I will have to experiment with this and see how it will work with my hair.


Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream ($9.12)
My facial skin tends to freak out over new moisturizers, so I'm not too excited about this cream.Might try convincing my husband to use this on his elbows. They could really use some "mineral rich moisture"!

BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre Eau De Parfum ($7.28)
Not a fragrance person. I have a few I like and I stick to those. I did spray this once to try it, but I could tell it would give me a headache if I tried to wear it. Going in the trade pile!


BellaPierre Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Desert Rose ($20.00 - Full size!)
This is a full sized blush, and there is nothing that I love experimenting with more than blush. This color is halfway between a dusty pink and a pinky nude. If that makes any sense. In the swatch it barely showed up, but when I layered it, it worked as a bronzer and a blush at the same time. Really like it!

Total Value: $66.85

Final Thoughts
Even without all of the shipping and customer service issues, this would still have been a "meh" box for me. I liked the blush and the beauty blender. The fragrance will be hitting the trade pile, and I will just have to see about the sea salt spray and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment